Sunday, August 16, 2009

Cohabitation


I have been living with The Boyfriend now for 2.5 weeks. So far, so good. You learn so much about a person from living with them, so I thought I would devote a post to the new things I'm discovering.


1. Pennies on the nightstand


At the end of the day, The BF deposits any pennies received during the day on the nightstand. The number of pennies on the nightstand varies, but every morning, he puts exactly 5 pennies in his pocket. He attempts to spend them during the course of the day. This is because he dislikes pennies.

2. Marginalia

I'm a book person; when I'm in someone's apartment for the first time, I always notice what books are on his/her shelves. Having visited The BF's apartment many times before moving in for the month, I was familiar with his books. But I had never opened any of them. In this well-used edition of Hamlet (he starred in a production in college), I found this amusing stage direction written in the margins:


3. Limited kitchen options

Whenever I cook for The BF, I have to get a little creative. His kitchen lacks some items (a blender, balsamic vinegar, a serrated knife, a garlic press, a large skillet). This is what I have at my disposal:


As you will notice, he owns one knife. Just one. On the plus side, he has a dishwasher.

4. Bathroom soap


I would not have pegged him as the type to purchase or own whimsical fruit-shaped soaps. I think I am pleased by this quirky impulse buy. The BF is very practical -- kiwi soap is not a necessity, but it does brighten up the otherwise completely white bathroom.

5. Wrestlemania on VHS


No comment.

No comments: