Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Happy Birthday, blog!

One year ago, I lost my blogging virginity. When I first created The Vagnino Monologues, I thought it was entirely possible and even likely that I would get bored with posting within a month. But it's been a whole year! Hooray! And a teacher friend of mine told me that she's using some of the poems I used for my "So You Think You Don't Like Poetry" posts for her high school students because she thinks they are accessible and appealing. So apparently, my blog is serving an educational purpose.

I'm pretty wiped out this week, from waitressing, stage managing and nonfiction writing, so I'll just wrap this up and say thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of SYTYDLP, did you see the poem called "Don't Do That" in a recent issue of the New Yorker? It's not as good as the ones you've chosen but it's still good, I think.

--Eleanor :)

David Flaherty said...

congrats, glow worm lover!

Jaelithe said...

Hey thanks for commenting on my blog. Congrats on the bloggiversary!